Hella Xenon Headlight Ballast
The automotive supplier Hella, which is headquartered in Lippstadt, North Rhine-Westphalia, is one of the largest automotive suppliers for automotive parts, accessories, diagnostics, and services in all of Europe. The company employs almost 31,000 people at more than 100 locations in more than 35 countries worldwide. The automotive production division covers the development and manufacture of components for lighting systems and electronics for vehicle manufacturers and other suppliers. At the beginning of the 1990s, Hella participated in several joint ventures and the company is currently cooperating with other well-known manufacturers to develop new electronic wiring systems along with modern diagnostic hardware. As part of the light product portfolio, Hella produces spotlights and lamps of all kinds. However, the company is not only active in the motor vehicle sector. For example, the city of Lippstadt along with some cities in China have been equipped with newly developed LED street lighting.
Excerpts from Hella’s product development
• 1908: Development of the first electric headlight
• 1957: Asymmetrical light distribution
• 1971: H4 - halogen light
• 1992: Serial production of the first Xenon headlight
• 2003: Serial production of the world's first white LEDs (daytime running lights) and dynamic cornering lights
• 2007: Detection of traffic signs by camera
• 2008: World's first lane-change assistant
• 2013: Glare-free upper beam headlights
Under the heading HELLA XENON HEADLIGHT BALLAST you can find a power module - control unit - and ballast on our homepage at https://www.lichtex.de/en/control-unit/hella/.